Table of Contents
TO DO LIST
THINGS YOU CAN BRING THAT WOULD HELP
“Shoe Box”-style plastic boxes. Nicer ones from Home Depot or even dollar store ones. We're not picky. If we had 20 of these show up, I'm sure we'd find a use for at least 20 more.We have plenty of these at the moment.
- IEC power cables? Our stash is getting a little low…
Next Makerspace Maintenance Punch List **(10/19)**
Clear off main two tables, and refresh the paper tops (DO FIRST) Take garbage to dumpster (DO SECOND) Improved shelving around the back of the space? - we have some pieces of 2×10 that might be useful for this… Re-work back wall in general - move speakers to corners for better separation(?) and to free up space there.
the i3 needs its BuildTak replaced. We have it, just need to do it… Deep cleaning & organizing at the Electronics Station Paint Marker an “MA” on tools that don't have it, so that they're easier to identify Reorganize green tool shelf - re-optimize cubbies to make more sense Set aside two cubbies for measuring tools Re-label new cubbies by use
Finding things: The bin of USB Micro/C/Lightning cables The Ryobi Multitool body - we have a head for it now, but the body is AWOL Pen turning stock Chain & combination lock
Go through the Pallet Racks a little bit - clean up/consolidate where possible Assuming some space is freed up here, move some extraneous things into it as “deep storage” (i.e. all but one of the totes of “wire bundles”, etc.)
A general going-through of the shelves: Consolidate things that need to be consolidated Purge things that need to be purged label things that need to be labeled
- Label cabinets in the Shop Zone based on what's inside each door
- disc/strip sander needs a new sanding belt (1×30?) - belts purchased, just need to install…
- Turns out it's 1×42“. Ross may have some, or we can order more.
- Build a little stand for the Monoprice SLA Printer, such that the UV Curing Lamp sits under it (with a little extra space for curing taller parts.
- Bonus - add a translucent acrylic window on hinges to cover the lamp area - the laser cutter should be able to handle that size…
Double bonus - fix the SLA printer vat…
Take apart the Hot air station and see if the pump can be repaired or replaced. Good news - pump does work if “AIR” pot is turned all the way up. Errant pot looks like a 500k…
General Space Infrastructure
- General cleanup (i.e. the kind of thing that should happen frequently- every week or three…)
- Empty garbage into dumpster (all of the cans, so we can fill them up again)
- Tidy all workbench surfaces
- Shelf organization/labeling
- Keep generally similar things together. If something's in the wrong place, get it to the right (or at least a right-er) place.
- Contain loose things into containers where possible
- LABEL BOXES/CONTAINERS/SHELVES: just use a piece of masking tape & a Sharpie.
- literally work on anything on the fixme list
- Use the Vinyl Cutter to make a magnetic sign for the outside door.
- Sort bins of random stuff into where the random stuff actually goes
- Improved lighting?
- Improved doors with hinges for the pallet racks? (4×8 sheets of plywood, maybe with some edging so they don't flop apart?)
- Tool organization - any improvements are welcome!
- Electrical wiring for the “new” 220V stick welder (convert its plug to something better? L6-30? - check with John K.?)
- Build a nice table add-on/fence for the Enco Drill Press?
Measure T-slot nuts for the Enco Drill Press. See of additional ones are available, or maybe make some.
- Implement Dust Collection Station?
- Fastener Organization & labeling
Electronics/Digital Zone (general)
- Install a set of standardized tools onto laptops
- Arduino IDE
- SignBlazer Elements (it's effectively free, but not a good as VinylMaster…)
- Pronterface (handy-er for debugging DIY printers than Cura?)
- Inkscape (useful for designing stuff for the vinyl cutter)
- Salae Logic
- K40 Whisperer
- The Easel Connector for CNCing from the web browser
- Other software?
- Maybe first get all of these installers onto a USB stick, so they can be done all at once.
DesignJet printer really needs a dust cover, since it gets completely clogged up with dust and debris when not in use.(would still be nice, but less critical now?)
- Complete RepRap Snappy
- Make some kind of filament storage solution? (clear plastic tote w/holes & gaskets, and a bunch of color-changing silica gel??)
- Figure out steps needed to make the K40 Laser Engraver chooch safely & reasonably
- Move the surge strip powering that stuff to the front of the cart.
- Add an Emergency stop?
- Figure out water pump/alarm stuff (short version: water pump is running, but flow alarm is triggering? need better pump? replace alarm? right now alarm is shorted out in order to test functionality…)
Add air assistair assist was kind of a bust - it's loud, the hose got in the way, didn't help all that much, and then the air nozzle got burned up…
- Organize components better?
- Organize electronics tools better - electronics bench is a good start at this…
Figure out power supply pinout for prototyping station. - We have a picture of the pinout. Fabricobble a replacement or otherwise find one.
- Figure out condition of donated microphones - parts needed? parts available?
- Alphabetize waivers? Seems like a good idea in case someone can't remember if they did one or not?
- Inventory First Aid supplies. Make list of recommended additions and/or replacements for anything missing.
- There are OSHA guidelines for what should be in one for various group sizes.
- Repair the rolling cart - I kind of tried epoxy but it didn't seem to work. Weld? Bolt?
Long Term/Not any time soon
- More/better shelving?
- More improved use of vertical space? (not sure how to accomplish this without stairs/ladders)
- Any new shelving project should have a budget, rough drawing, and an explanation of where it will go…
- Build a wheeled cart for the Casting Furnace?
- We'd need cast iron/steel casters. We should have sufficient steel tubing?
- Priority: low
todo.txt · Last modified: 2019/10/22 19:09 by sdh7